| Weekly Dispatch, April 8th, 2020|
A Message from Fr. Bryan
| Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. As you well know, this is Holy Week and a most unusual Holy Week to be sure. I hope that, in this time of isolation, you can increase your focus on the great gift that we've all been given in and through Jesus Christ. I've been encouraged in recent weeks by the way that our church family has actually grown closer, and I pray that we will be strengthened by all of this in the end. My primary focus in this Dispatch is to make some of the Holy Week liturgies available to you, so please note the following schedule and links: |
- Wednesday, 4/8 - Evening Prayer at 6:30 p.m. You can find the liturgy here and access the Zoom meeting here.
- Thursday, 4/9 - on Maundy Thursday, we will not gather virtually. Instead, I've adapted a liturgy (click here) from the BCP that you can download and use at home with your family or even by yourself. The liturgy should be self-explanatory, but you can call me at 330-685-5510 if you have questions.
- Friday, 4/10 - Good Friday service at 6:30 p.m. you can find the liturgy here and access the Zoom meeting here. I've also adapted a "stations of the cross" liturgy from the Book of Occasional Services that some of you may like to read through alone or as a family.
| I am still working on Easter Sunday, so look for an email later in the week providing access to that liturgy. If you are not a regular worshipper with us, then you won't receive that email with instructions. In that case, I'll be sure to post a link on our website blog by Saturday Evening. We do hope you will join us, so check back at this link, and you will find everything you need. |
| As I mentioned last week, I've created a new YouTube account for the church, and I'll be adding videos weekly. If you watch YouTube videos, please subscribe, and you may occasionally find something worth sharing to help get the word out about St. John's. Be safe, and make good use of this time!|
| If you would like to support St. John's during this time, you can give online by clicking the button below. You may also send a check to the following address: |
| PO BOX 36591, CANTON OH 44735|
St. John's Temporary Schedule
- Wednesday, 4/8 - Evening Prayer @ 6:30 p.m. via Zoom
- Thursday, 4/9 - Maundy Thursday Liturgy at Home
- Friday, 4/10 - Good Friday Liturgy @ 6:30 p.m. via Zoom
- Sunday, 4/12 - Easter Sunday Liturgy @ 10:30 a.m. via Zoom
- Eagle & Child Discussion on Monday nights at 6:30 p.m. via Zoom
"Were You There?" by Bryan Hollon
| A message from the series "Sermons from Lectionary Texts." Fr. Bryan provides commentary on the Palm Sunday Readings during the Covid-19 pandemic.|
"Learning in Wartime," Bryan Hollon
| A message from the series "C.S. Lewis Institute." Fr. Bryan was asked to offer some encouragement to Fellows in the C.S. Lewis Institute Fellows Program. Dale Boston was recommending this essay at Church on our last day together, so I thought the message may be of interest to members of St. John's.|
The Daily Office
| Interested in a simple way to pray the daily office from the Book of Common Prayer? Follow this link for text and audio versions of morning, noon, and evening prayer. The site is hosted by our friend, Fr. Michael Jarrett.|
| If you have questions about any of the content contained in this email or want to learn more about St. John's Anglican Church, please let us know. You can fill out a form at this link, and you will receive a response from Fr. Bryan.|
Connect with Us on Social Media